Every business is faced with this critical question: How much should they spend on SEO? The doubt whether to go for SEO is no longer in question, and everyone is aware that robust online marketing is a necessity to survive in this competitive world. Read below to find out all that you need to know about making the financial decision for an SEO agency.
The Payment Models
It is imperative to understand the payment models used by these agencies to calculate the SEO Packages for your desired objectives.
- Monthly Retainer: In this, you will have to pay a fee every month in exchange for a set of services that have been agreed upon. This is the most common type of payment model and provides the highest Return on Investment.
- Contract Services at fixed prices: Before the client is ready to take the monthly retainer, they generally select contracts that they want to be completed. The services that the agency has to offer are mentioned on their website along with the price that they will charge.
- Project-based Pricing: This is like the contract services, except for the fact that these services involve custom projects specifically for the client. The price varies according to the project requested by the client.
- Hourly Consulting Fee: Here in the agency is paid on an hourly basis in exchange for the services or information provided by them.
Agencies may work according to any one of this pricing or a combination of all of the above.
Cost of a Typical SEO
Based on a survey, the approximate prices have been mentioned below according to the payment models.
- Monthly Retainer: This can cost anywhere from $750-$5000 per month. The price depends on the size of your business and the services that you are opting for. The lower pays are for,the smaller agencies that provide a limited range of services.
- Contract Services: Businesses that are unsure about SEO and want to try it out before fixing a deal, choose this service. The services affect the prices and include site content auditing ($500-$7000 and social media setup ($500-$3000).
- Project-based Pricing: The project determines the cost,and it may go as low as $1000 to as high as $30,000.
- Hourly Consulting: The SEO agencies or the individuals charge around $100-$200 per hour in exchange for their seo services to your business.
Beware of the following:
- Guarantees are generally not provided by the SEO as the nature of the industry keeps changing.
- Instant results are often obtained by going against the rules put out by the webmaster and will instead hurt your business in the long run.
- If someone promises you a number one spot on Google, it is undoubtedly a scam.
- If it costs less than $750 a month, then there is something wrong. Lower prices are reasonable, but you don’t want to compromise on your services.
Prices can never be exact for any service or model of payment. It all depends on the services you take and the level of customization. The SEO pricing is proportional to the standard of the SEO agency and the extent of your business and the services.